Sep 11, 2013

Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencils

I'm usually not a fan of eyeshadow pencils. I have tried so many different ones over the years, and none of them actually impressed me..until I discovered these! I first mentioned the Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last shadow pencils in my recent Jordana haul, which you can see here. These are definitely a new favorite of mine!

There are eight pencils in this line. Half have a matte finish, half have a shimmery finish. I want to quickly mention that I purchased all of the shades I could find at the store, and Jordana Cosmetics generously provided me with each pencil later on. 


As you can see, all of the colors are beautiful! These pencils need to be manually sharpened, or else the tips will dull over time. 


Here are swatches from left to right: Prolong Purple, Endless Emerald, Aqua Last, Pink Evermore, Eternal White, Continuous Almond, Stay-On Black, and Tenacious Brown. These swatches are without primer, and are only one swipe! 

Prolong Purple is a deep purple with subtle silver shimmer.  Endless Emerald is a forest green with subtle silver shimmer. Aqua Last is a bright blue, it has shimmer in it, but it's hardly noticeable. Pink Evermore is a soft pink that has tons of silver shimmer. Eternal White is a matte white, it is a bit patchy compared to the rest. Continuous Almond is a matte peachy shade. Stay-On Black is a super dark, matte black. Tenacious Brown is a matte chocolate brown. 


Claims: Long-lasting (Up to 12 Hour wear), Easy to use, Water-Resistant, Crease-Proof, Paraben-Free, Made in Germany
Pigmentation: These are amazingly pigmented, you only need one swipe to get full color. There's no building up needed with these, which is a HUGE plus! 
Finish/Texture: Half of these are matte, the other half are shimmery. The texture of these are super creamy, soft, and silky. They are the softest eye pencil I have ever tried. Ever! 
Lasting Power: These lasted me all day, I believe that the 12 hour claim is true. 
Packaging: These are a pencil, they will need to be manually sharpened. The caps on these are a bit loose-fitting, that's my only complaint about these.
Price/Availability: I paid $4 each at Walgreens, for the shades I bought. Jordana Cosmetics also sent me the entire line.

Likes:
  • Lives up to ALL claims
  • Super pigmented
  • Very creamy, smooth, and soft
  • Doesn't tug on the eye
  • Last all day long/waterproof/sweat proof
  • Variety of shades and finishes to chose from (matte and shimmer)
  • Inexpensive, $4 at Walgreens
Dislikes:
  • The caps on the pencils are loose-fitting
  • These pencils need to be manually sharpened

Overall:
I was surprised at how well these performed. Like I said earlier, I  honestly never had a good experience with shadow pencils before. I'm so glad that I decided to give these a try anyway, because they are amazing.

 I wore these alone, as an eyeshadow base, and as an eyeliner (on my bottom lashline even) and I had no smudging. They apply so smoothly, and are super pigmented with one swipe. They are inexpensive, and  the quality is simply wonderful. I still can't believe these are just four dollars. I feel like I cant say enough good things about these shadow pencils! 


Thank you to Jordana Cosmetics, who provided me with these pencils! I'm so happy, because I could only find a few shades at the store. 


Here's my video review on them, if you would like to watch! 

Bloglovin' | Facebook Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  

9 comments:

  1. Wow that emerald and the pink shade are to die for! Wish we could get this brand in Ireland! X

    http://www.mollysbeautyspot.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pigmentation! Will have to give these a go now, have never tried anythinf from Jordana

    cassandramyee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the green is so beautiful<3

    jesselynnn.blogspot.com //FANCYTHEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the colours are incredible!

    Great to discover your blog!

    www.makeupmonster.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Pink Evermore everyday....I love it! Just enough coverage and shimmer. You can add more easily to really give you more color and shimmer. I put It on the tip of my pinky finger then apply It. It stays on all day. Doesn't cake if your eyes water. Since I have allergies thats a real plus over powder shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use Pink Evermore everyday....I love it! Just enough coverage and shimmer. You can add more easily to really give you more color and shimmer. I put It on the tip of my pinky finger then apply It. It stays on all day. Doesn't cake if your eyes water. Since I have allergies thats a real plus over powder shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥