Mar 25, 2013

Maybelline Eyestudio Palette in Natural Shock

Earlier this month I blogged about the Limited Edition Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids lipsticks (review here). This Eyestudio palette, which is also limited edition, was sitting in the same display next to the lipsticks. I can't resist shimmery neutrals, and I've also never tried anything from Maybelline's Eye Studio line before! 


 Maybelline Limited Edition Eyestudio Palette in Natural Shock

There are four shades in this palette total, and a double ended sponge tip wand.




The white shade has a very frosty finish and was a bit patchy compared to the other shades. The champagne shade has a satin finish and reminds me a lot of Naked Lunch by MAC. The coppery brown shade has a satin base, but it does have a fine gold glitter in it. The chocolate shade also has a satin base with specks of fine gold glitter.  The champagne definitely is my favorite! Each of these feels very buttery and smooth, like Urban Decay eyeshadows. 
These swatches are without primer. 

Claims: "Rich color. Smooth feel. Now silk makes shadow new again. Exclusive formula with silk pigments creates the ultimate shadow texture and luminosity."
Pigmentation:  The white shade is a bit patchy, but the other three shades are very  pigmented. It's nothing that an eyeshadow primer can't fix! 
Finish/Texture: The finishes vary by color (see above). Each shadow has a soft, buttery texture. They are extremely blendable, which really impressed me. 
Lasting Power: I get all day wear with these shadows, no problem. 
Shade Selection: I love this neutral palette. I like how there is a light shade, a middle shade, and then two darker accent shades. There are so many looks that you can create!
Packaging: I like the way these shadows are set up in a cute arrow pattern. The plastic case closes tightly and feels durable. I don't care for sponge tips, but I find ways to use them. My only gripe is that the white shade is the largest amount, and the least I'll probably use.
Price/Availability: I paid $9.50 at Walgreens

Likes:
  • Great pigmentation (except the white shade which is just ok)
  • Soft texture
  • Easy to blend
  • Different finishes throughout (satin, shimmer, and glitter)
  • Versatile neutrals
Dislikes:
  • The white shade is a bit patchy
  • Limited edition
  • All shades are shimmery/glittery 
Overall:
I'm so impressed with the quality of these shadows! They are pigmented, smooth, and blendable. The smoothness reminds me of how the new Urban Decay shadow formula feels!     I was pleasantly surprised at how easily each shade blends, even the ones with glitter. The pigmentation of the shadows is impressive without primer (except for the white shade). With primer, they are even more intense. The variety of finishes is something I appreciate, but I do wish that at least one matte was included. Each shadow has a satiny base, but the last two have actual glitter in them. The champagne shade is gorgeous, it's my favorite of the palette. 

Unfortunately this palette is limited edition. I suggest going out and finding it soon before it disappears! I can't wait to try other Eyestudio palettes now that I know the formula is excellent. 

On a side note: Thank you to the readers that support my blog by subscribing! I can't believe I have 200 readers now! It's nice to know that people actually like to read what I have to say. I feel that it's extra special that I reached this milestone today, because today is also my birthday! Once again, thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing to eatinglipstick! 

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and congratulations on your milestone :) I've just found your blog a few weeks ago and honestly you deserve a lot more subscribers. Your blog is one of my favourites, especially because you have about the same colouring as me (pale skin with dark hair) and I actually put your link on my favourite blogs list. I look forward to reading more of your post, just keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for saying that. You are so sweet. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment and thank you for putting me on your favorite blog list! :)

      Delete
    2. I watch your yt channel, but how do you subscribe to s blog?

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! I recently came across your blog and spent ages going through reading all your entries. Your blog is so well done and I look forward to seeing your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually a new reader to your site! Congrats! :)

    Apart from the lighter shades, I like their other eye shadows as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this eye shadow palette. The colors are so pigmented and affordable. Congrats on the birthday and 200 Readers.

    Hopefully we can follow each other : )

    http://foreverfabulouslyyoung.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These palettes always catch my eye when I see them but for some reason I never picked them up. Seeing as they are nice quality I think I'll have to pick some up! Thanks for the review!

    MakeupbyHilary.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥