Dec 7, 2012

Revlon Photo Ready Cream Blush

The Revlon Photo Ready range isn't one of my favorites when it comes to drugstore makeup. When these cream blushes were released in the summer, I was a bit apprehensive about picking them up right away. All in all, it is hard for me to resist such a bright, hot pink pot of blush!


I bought the shade Flushed, which appears to be a bright fuchsia. The packaging is very simple, which doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is that I had to pay $13 at Rite Aid for only 0.44 ounces of product. That is steep for being a drugstore item.

Claims
  • Creamy blush provides buildable, beautiful flush of color
  • Lightweight formula with silky soft feel on skin
  • Blends evenly over cheeks for smooth application
  • Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to provide cheeks with a beautiful glow

The little pot instantly reminds me of the old Bobbi Brown pot rouge packaging, but they are both completely different and incomparable. I like that the name is right on the top, so I can see it easier among my sea of blushes in my drawer! 


Unfortunately, the bright pink here is not exactly what you get when the blush is applied to the skin. I was a bit disappointed because these really do lack in pigmentation. To get a decent flushed look, at least four layers are needed. 


In order for the swatch to even show up in this photo, I had to use about four layers of blush. I also didn't see any glow that it claims to give to the skin. The color is very pretty, but you really have to use your time and build up the color for a few minutes. 


The best thing about this blush is that it does feel very lightweight and is wearable. In this photo I had been wearing the blush for about an hour or so, and it had already faded quite a bit. 


Application: I used my fingers to apply this blush, for me it's the easiest way to get a smooth finish. When I tried using a brush the color barely showed up, and layering was difficult. 
Finish/Texture: The finish is creamy and sheer. The texture feels like a lip balm, it's really bizarre for a cream blush. I suppose that's why it felt very lightweight on the skin. 
Lasting Power: The lasting power was horrible. It was nonexistant basically. Barely an hour later most of the color was gone! 
Scent: There wasn't a scent at all, yay! ( I hate scented face products).
Packaging: The packaging is basic, just a small pot with a twist off lid. Similar to the old Bobbi Brown pot rouge packaging. 
Price/Availability: I spent $13 at Rite Aid. I'm sure you could find it cheaper at a Target or Wal-Mart. Available at most drugstores

Likes:
  • Wearable 
  • Feels lightweight and creamy
  • Blends nicely and evenly
Dislikes:
  • Very sheer
  • Color fades quickly
  • Difficult to build up color
  • Expensive, $13 
  • Doesn't give a glow to the skin
Overall:
I was expecting a bright burst of color from this cream blush, and instead I got a natural flush that faded within an hour. Don't get me wrong, I like a natural flush too, but this blush wasn't worth keeping since the wear time was next to nothing. When I put on blush, I want it to stay looking fresh all day. I don't recommend the Photo Ready cream blush line, simply because it requires too much work for what it's worth. Sorry, Revlon better luck next time! 

5 comments:

  1. I kind of felt this way about the maybelline bouncy blushes - they can look pretty, but aren't the greatest products to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour looks gorgeous on you but too bad that it's so sheer and it doesn't last on the skin.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this in the light peach colour and I agree, lasting power leaves much to be desired. It also applies kind of patchily in my opinion - it has a weird texture. But the colour of this pink one is gorgeous on your pale skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this blush last week, I quite like it. I think it works best if you set it with a powder blush, I realise this kind of defeats the purpose of wearing a cream blush in the first place but it does help a little. I agree that the colour does look a bit daunting before you try it out, it's so lovely though! :)
    This is a very informative review, as usual, thank you.

    X

    jeneralrambling.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous in that photo and the blush looks nice on you... but your eyebrows are very distracting. They look too filled in and don't really match your hair. You're still pretty though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥